Friday 15 February 2013

Starlooks Starbox January 2013 unboxing

Hi loves!

I just received my first ever Starlooks 'Starbox' in the mail! I'm super familiar with monthly subscription boxes, and absolutely love the thrill of the surprise. Starbox is a bit different though, with most monthly subscription boxes you're getting random different brands anywhere from high end to drugstore, but with Starbox you know that every month you're getting Starlooks products, which after seeing this months box & searching up some past months boxes I am completely okay with, especially since it is ALL full sized products!!
For $15 a month you get randomly selected Starlooks products delivered to your door in a super cute re-useable box. I plan to use my box in my makeup storage to help with organization!

When you open the box there is this super pretty tissue paper protecting the products as well as an information card letting you know what each product is & it's retail price. I don't look at the card until after I see the products, I'm a sucker for a good surprise!

This months products!

Blush in "Cuty Peach" [Retail- $12]
This is a beautiful true peach toned blush, that is going to be excellent for the upcoming spring & summer seasons. I used this blush today & so far, so good, it's super pigmented and buildable, easily sheered out or built up to be intense.

Eyeliner pencil in "Brown" [Retail- $8]
A nice, creamy, rich brown eyeliner pencil. This pencil worried me when I first swatched it because I was thinking it's so creamy that it may melt away but to my surprise it stayed put & was excellent.
(sneak peek of the next product in this picture, blended out)

Diamondline eye pencil in "Fancy"
[Retail- $8]
Shimmer! Oh the shimmer! When I first opened this I thought "oh that's pretty" but when I swatched it, BAM! What a beautiful color, so much shimmer and dimension! I tried hard to capture just how pretty this is but it's one of those products you just have to see it in person. And in the picture above (with the brown liner swatch) I discovered that this can be blended out to to be a beautiful base for shadows or even used on it's own on your lid.

858 Soft Small Dome Fluff brush [Retail- $15]
Great essential brush to have in your collection. Can be used for packing color on your lid, smudging on the lower lash line, applying browbone hilight, etc.


Also, in this month's box as a special bonus there was a pretty, beaded bracelet from Abby Rose Designs on Etsy [Retail- $15]
Free shipping on any order from Abby Rose Designs with the discount code: starlooks

Total retail value of the box was $58! You saved $43, which is an excellent deal, especially when all of the products were actually great, and full sized, not just silly foil packets that you'll probably never use. And if you miss a month, or see a past box you would like to have, they can be purchased on the website after the release date for $25, which still gives you some great savings.

Find Starlooks at:
Website
Facebook
Youtube
Twitter

xox
Cassandra
www.facebook.com/xTheMakeupBag

No comments:

Post a Comment